Kearn Cherry is a speaker, coach, entrepreneur, author and collaborator. She is the owner of PRN Home Care which is 23 years old. She’s vested over 30 years in the healthcare field and holds a degree in Occupational Therapy. Mrs. Cherry often speaks on “Create Your Own Event”, “Turning Connections into Major Collaborations”, “Create Your Own Door” and more. She has a popular coaching program where she teaches how to create a profitable event whether it is in-person or virtual, but NO BIG PARTIES!
She is co-founder and director of Success Women’s Conference which produced over 1,000 attendees. She is the creator of the Power Up Summit and Level Up Your Visibility and Profitability. It is about powering up your life, finance, health, career and business. Mrs. Cherry is the visionary author of her #1 Bestselling book anthology – “Trailblazers Who Lead” with 29 co-authors. She has a new book anthology called “Make It Happen” in which she is currently looking for 30 co-authors. She is a co-author of Women Inspiring Nations Volume 2 – “Success Must Be Taken” and “Unboxed”. Mrs. Cherry is starting her podcast show, KKonnections with Kearn Cherry, this year. She previously was the host/executive producer of “Unwrinkled Heart Caregivers’s Journeys”.
Mrs. Cherry is a community activist who engages in developing community activities such as Blessed Gyrls Rock! and the creator of the R.I.P.E. Conference (Resources, Information, and Planning for the Elderly). She sits on numerous boards: Girls Scouts of Greater Mississippi State board, Rebekah’s House, Mental Health Association, Lighthouse Business & Professional Women, Gulf Coast Gospel Music Awards and other organizations. She encourages women to network to increases that “Net” worth while building relationships that can lead to major collaborations. She often says “When one door is close go to the next one, if that would is close go around to the back, if that one is close, Create Your OWN, but never give up.”
Mrs. Cherry has been featured twice in Essence Magazine. Once as the “Comeback Queen”. She has been featured in numerous magazines, publications, podcasts and radio shows. She received numerous awards and recognition. She recently was recognized as one of the Top 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi and the Governor’s GIVE Award for Outstanding Achievement in Empowerment Initiatives. (see attached Awards list). Mrs. Cherry and her husband/business partner, Dennis are proud parents of three successful children. Their son, Dannan Cherry, who is the owner of Handy Dandy Moving Services; Dr. Jasmine Padgett, MD; Dr. Denise Cherry, DMD and their grandson Dannan Jr.
HONORS – AWARDS – RECOGNITION
- 2001 – ESSENCE MAGAZINE (INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE) – FEATURED BUSINESS OWNER – “COMEBACK QUEENS”
- 2005 ESSENCE HARDBACK BOOK (INTERNATIONAL) – SELECTED AS A FEATURED BUSINESS OWNER IN MAKING IT HAPPEN – CREATING SUCCESS AND ABUNDANCE
- 2003- 2004 – BILOXI BAY CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP DRIVE & AMBASSADOR AWARD
- 2007 -2010– MEMBERSHIP DRIVE TEAM CAPTAIN & AMBASSADOR AWARD
- 2010 – MHA’S ANNETTE O’KEEFE HUMANITARIAN AWARD
- 2010 – SOUTH MS OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY LEADERS – CLASS OF 2010
- 2010 – CITY OF BILOXI COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
- 2010 – 2011 – HEART ASSOCIATION’S GO RED FOR WOMEN – 2011 HARRISON COUNTY GO RED WOMAN REP.
- 2012 – LIGHTHOUSE BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN MEDICAL PERSON OF THE YEAR
- 2015 – ENTERPRISING WOMEN HONORABLE MENTIONED
- 2018 – GOODWILL AMBASSADOR
- 2018-2019 – TOP 50 LEADING BUSINESS WOMEN OF MISSISSIPPI
- 2019 – COVEY AWARDS TOM TANDLER – LIFETIME AWARD FOR SUCCESS
- 2019 – MS GULF COAST BLACK NURSES ROCK – EMPOWERING WOMEN THROUGH COMMUNITY SERVICES AWARD
- 2019 – GOVERNOR’S INITIATIVE FOR VOLUNTEER EXCELLENCE (GIVE) AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVES
- 2019 – COAST TOP 10 COMMUNITY LEADERS AWARD
- 2019 – GULF COAST GOSPEL MUSIC AWARD’S TELEVISION HOST OF THE YEAR
- 2019 – ACHI MAGAZINE ENTREPRENEUR AND WOMAN OF ACHIEVEMENT NOMINEE
- 2020 – THE BEST OF MISSISSIPPI OVERALL BUSINESS AWARD FOR SUCCESS WOMEN’S CONFERENCE